Facts & Maps
Flying Legends, IWM Duxford, Cambridgeshire, CB22 4QR, UK
- Please be aware that tickets will only be available in advance
- Depending on availability, you can upgrade your standard tickets to our Gold Pass enclosure. Please enquire at the Gold Pass Marquee
- The IWM Car Parks will be open from 8.00am on each day of the Show
- An ATM will be located in the IWM Visitor Centre for your convenience
- All Tickets purchased for Flying Legends give you the opportunity to visit the historic IWM hangars and exhibits open on the day
- The Flight Line Walk opens each day from 9.00 until 12.00 pm at a cost of £5 per person.
- Take a nostalgic sightseeing tour in a vintage Dragon Rapide, fly in a Tiger Moth or T6 Harvard. Don’t miss this unique flying experience at the Flying Legends Airshow, Duxford with Classic Wings. Pleasure flying is available at The Flying Legends Airshow at agreed times to de-conflict with display flying activity.Please visit Classic Wings:
- The Vintage Village will be open from 9.00 am on each day of the Show, with vintage entertainment and displays including Sit in a Spitfire, The Hotsie Totsies, The Umbrella Big Band, Laurel & Hardy with model T-Ford, Large scale model warbirds, 1940's hair & makeup demonstrations, Airfield Construction re enactment and The Homefront Bus.
- The Vintage Village entertainment ceases during the flying display but will re commence at "Twilight Hour" 17.30 to 18.30
- The site has many varied food & drink concessions for your enjoyment
- The Flying Legends souvenir programmes are available throughout the weekend from our team of roaming personnel at £7 a copy
- Free Wi-Fi is available across most of the museum site.
- Extra toilets, including baby changing facilities, are available throughout the site.
- Pre bookable wheelchairs are available for loan, telephone 01223 499240.
- Guide and assistance dogs are welcome. Please note, no dogs except guide and assistance dogs.
Your grandstand ticket permits access to the private grandstand area. On arrival at the Grandstand you will be given a Flypast goody bag including a bottle of water on Saturday and an Aeroplane Monthly goody bag including a bottle of water on Sunday.
Grandstand seats are NOT reserved in advance but allocated on a first come, first seated basis. Our staff member at the entrance will have a map which contains numbered seating. When you arrive and present your grandstand ticket you will be asked where you would like to sit. Your numbered, selected seat will be written on a wristband and given to you and this seat will be removed from the grandstand map. This system will ensure you retain your allocated seat during your entire visit to Flying Legends and enables you visit the many ground attractions on site and return to your allocated seat at any time.
The earlier you arrive will give you the best opportunity to select the seat you want!
To book the grandstand go to book standard tickets, choose your dates, purchase standard tickets and scroll down page to purchase the grandstand seat + £17.50