Supermarine Spitfire FR XIV (G-SPIT)
• Aircraft Type: Vickers Armstrong Spitfire FR XIV, G-SPIT
• Operator: Anglia Aircraft Restorations Ltd.
• Year of Manufacture: 1944
• Powered by: one Rolls Royce Griffon 65 engine
• Colour scheme: Tribute to Johnnie Johnson, JEJ
Built at the end of 1944 at Keevil, this Spitfire Mk XIV was stored by the RAF until early 1945. It was sent, from 33MU at RAF Lyneham, to India where details of whatever service she saw have been lost in the mists of time – and the Royal Indian Air Force records system. She was recovered to Blackbushe, in England, by Doug Arnold in the early seventies and formed part of his Warbirds of Great Britain collection. The Fighter Collection engineers took over the restoration when the aircraft changed hands and were able to complete the work in August of 1992.
Images: John Dibbs