The Aircraft

Supermarine Spitfire VIIIc D-FEUR

• Aircraft Type: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VIIIc D-FEUR
• Operator: MaxAlfa Aviation GmbH
• Year of Manufacture: 1944
• Powered by: Packard Merlin
• Colour Scheme: ZX-M MT928 Italy 145 Sqdn, Sqdn. Ldr. G.R.S McKay

« Built as MV154 in 1944 at Southampton, delivered to 6MU the same year. She was ferried by the famous ATA-girl Mary Wilkens (some decades later, Mary Wilkens signed, now at the age of 94, in the cockpit. A wonderful piece of history). In September 1944 the Spitfire was shipped to Australia where she arrived at the end of November and was stored. In 1948, MV154 was assembled and used for some system testing. In 1961 the rare fighter was sold to “Titus” Oates who wanted to bring her back to airworthy condition. The plan failed and the MkVIIIc was sold to Sid Marshall who stored the airplane in his museum. Robs Lamplough acquired her in 1979 and brought her back to Great Britain. After 15 years of restoration, this Spitfire took the skies over Filton on 28th May 1994. In 2010 G-BKMI was sold to MeierMotors based at the former military airfield Bremgarten in the South of Germany. Following restoration work, the MkVIIIc was registered in Germany as D-FEUR. She was the first Spitfire registered in Germany since the end of WWII. This aircraft is operated by MaxAlpha Aviation Gmbh, also based in Eschbach, Bremgarten airfield. »

Read more:
http://www.aviationmuseum.eu/World/Europe/Germany/Bremgarten/Meier_Motors.htm