Gloster Gladiator (G-AMRK)
• Aircraft Type: Gloster Gladiator
• Operator: The Shuttleworth Collection
• Year of Manufacture: 1935
• Powered by: Bristol Mercury 840 b.h.p 9-cylinder radial
• Colour Scheme: 73 Squadron RAF K7985
Designed by H.P Holland’s team, the prototype first flew in 1934 a development of the Gauntlet. L8032 is the last production aircraft. She was once flown at the Hendon Pageant by Cobber Kain. Gladiators featured in the early defence of Malta. This Gladiator was purchased in 1956 for £200 and now she’s priceless. She was refurbished by Viv Bellamy and Gloster apprentices then donated to the Shuttleworth collection in 1960 by Gloster.
Images: Darren Harbar