Curtiss-Wright Hawk 75 (G-CCVH)
• Aircraft Type: Curtiss Wright Corporation Curtiss H-75A-1 Hawk 75 G-CCVH
• Operator: The Fighter Collection
• Year of Manufacture: 1939
• Powered by: one Pratt and Whitney R-1830-925
• Colour scheme: Armée de l’air Lafayette Escadrille Sioux Indian head emblem.
“The Curtiss H-75 was a private venture which flew for the first time in May 1935. Following development and a new engine, three prototype aircraft were ordered by the US Army Air Corps under the designation Y1P-36. This eventually led to the P-36 lineage which went on to serve with around a dozen air arms across the world, including the USAAC as the P-36, the RAF as the Mohawk, and France as the H-75. Our Hawk wears an authentic Armée de l’Air standard three-tone scheme, with her GC 11/5 markings on her port, and the Lafayette Escadrille Sioux Indian head motif (the TFC logo) on her starboard side. The Fighter Collection’s Hawk is a very rare aircraft, as she is the only airworthy example of the Curtiss P-36 lineage left anywhere in the world.”
Read more: http://fighter-collection.com/cft/hawk-75-2/